Next Guild Meeting
November 16, 1:00 pm at Faith Lutheran Church. The program will be "Favorite Quilting or Sewing Tips. Members are invited to bring a tool or to share a sewing or quilting tip. Each person participating will be limited to 2 minutes.
December 7, 6:00 pm at Faith Lutheran Church.
- Bring a dish to share - a salad, dessert or main course; the committee will provide appetizers. It would help those with allergies if you label the food and note any possible allergens (gluten, nuts, seafood) or unusual ingredients.
- There will be a gift exchange (optional) with gifts in the $10 range.
- There will be a block drawing (optional). The theme this year is "presents", to interpret any way you wish. You will get one chance in the drawing for each block you bring. Rules: 1) 9 1/2 inches (9 inches finished), 2) white background, 3) "present" design.
- There will also be raffle tickets sold for quilted Christmas items; proceeds go to Project Warmth.Tickets are $1 each or 6 for $5. Donations are still being accepted for raffle items.
- Remember to wear your name tag; make a special Christmas-themed tag if you have time.
Pictures of the retreat and the paper bag challenge have been added to the gallery. Click Gallery in the top menu and then select Guild Events.
Pictures of quilts from the 2015 Quilt Show were added in September. Click Gallery in the top menu and then select the group you wish to view. Special Recognition shows the Best of Show and Judge's Choice; Winners shows the ribbon winners for both Judged and Non Judged. Judged and Non Judged show all of the quilts. We have included more than 400 pictures plus the identifying information for each quilt, so it is possible that we made a few mistakes. Please Contact Us if you find an error or omission and we will fix it.
The get together for Zendoodlers scheduled for Jan. 5 has been postponed until Feb. 2, 2016. This is a work day to explore embellishment ideas for the pre-quilted block samples that are available from Rebecca for $5. For more information, please check your Nov-Dec newsletter or email us.
If you are a BHQG member, please register for the Members Only area where you will find the newsletter, business meeting minutes, membership list, and more.