Black Hills Quilt Show
June 2, 3, and 4, 2022
at The Monument
The 2022 Black Hills Quilt Show will be held June 2-4 in the Rushmore Hall at The Monument (same location - new name) in beautiful downtown Rapid City. This show, sponsored by the Black Hills Quilters Guild, will be open for a preview on Thursday, June 2 from 5:00-8:00 PM, on Friday, June 3 from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM, and on Saturday, June 4 from 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Admission is $7 per person per day or $10 for a 3-day pass.
More information about the 2022 show will be added as it becomes avaialble. Come back to this page often to check for updates.
Registration is closed
The rules for the 2022 Quilt Show can be found at the folloring link.
Quilts must be brought toThe Monument between 8:00 AM and Noon on Wednesday, June 1. Quilts must be picked up at The Monument between 5:00 - 6:00 PM on Saturday, June 4. You must have a receipt to pick up a quilt. If you cannot deliver or pick-up your quilt at these times, ask someone to do this for you or Contact Us.
Quilt tags for registered quilts will be available at all guild meetings between May 10- May 31. The top half of the tag must be pinned to your quilt; the bottom half is your receipt. If you find errors in your entry or wish to withdraw your quilt prior to the show, please Contact Us. Clean labels will be printed and placed on the quilts at the show.
There are about 400 quilts registered for our show. About 20% of the quilts will be in the Judged Area. We encourage you to participate in the Viewers' Choice voting for the other quilts and also to vote for your favorite quilt for the Best of Show. This vote will continue through 5:00 PM on Friday and the ribbons will be placed on the winners by noon on Saturday. Pictures from the 2021 show are still available in the Gallery tab on this website and will be updated after the show.
Special Exhibits: These quilts highlight some of the activities of the Black Hills Quilters Guild. With the exception of the One-Color Challenge and the Mona Lisa Challenge, they are not judged or voted upon but are included for your viewing pleasure.
- BHQG One-Color Challenge is open to guild members and will display small quilted objects from one color of fabric. Full rules are available in the Members tab (must log in). There will be prizes for viewers' favorites.
- Mona Lisa Art Quilt Group will display quilted objects using hand-made India Ink designs on fabric. Full rules are available in the Members tab (must log in).
- Inspiration Studio will display Christmas Quilts.
- Heart Quilts will display Caring Heart Quilts and Thinking-of-You Quilts
- In Memory booths for Carol Doyle and Joan Kettlewell will display the quilts of our quilters who passed away this year.
We will have a new quilt judge for the 2022 quilt show. Cindy Erickson became a National Quilting Association Certified Quilt Judge in 1988. She is also a designer, teacher, and author. Cindy's quilts have been shown in AQS, Houston, PIQS, and NQA.
Raffle Quilt and Raffle Basket
The Black Hills Quilters Guild will offer chances to win a Raffle Quilt. Tickets will be sold only at the quilt show with the winner being drawn at about 3:30 on the final day. Tickets are $2.00 each or 6 for $10.
The Guild will also offer chances to win five Raffle Baskets containing fabric, notions, and a variety of other items. There is also a bonus raffle item. Tickets will be sold only at the quilt show with the winner being drawn at about 3:30 on the final day.
Silent Auction for Monument Health Hospice House
The Black Hills Quilters Guild will again sponsored a Silent Auction of Small Quilted Objects to support Monument Health Hospice House. Bids will be taken throughout the show with bidding closing about 3:30 on the final day. Since 2005, we have raised $38,029 for the Hospice House.
Our vendor spaces are full. Please Contact Us if you are interested in vending at our show. We will contact you if there is a cancellation.
The following vendors are confirmed for the 2022 show.
- Bent Pine Woodcraft - Seam rippers, quilt clamps, quilt hangers, ruler holders, quilt ladders, miscellaneous
- Bound To Be Quilting - Original patterns, quilting templates
- Busy Ewe Farm & Fibers - Hand-dyed yarn, handmade wool products, needle felting kits & supplies, fiber
- Carriage Country Quilts - Hand-dyed wool for applique, wool applique patterns, kits, quilt patterns, notions
- Fracked Out Woodcraft - Fractal burned wood products, laser engraved wood products
- Gamill - Longarm quilting machines
- Good Vibrations Quilt Shop - Kits, patterns, books, notions and yardage, Kaffe fabric
- G&P Trading - Laurel Birch fabric, bags, socks, books, novelty fabrics
- Hancy Creations, Inc. - Quilt marking and related items
- JoAnn Hoffman Designs - Paper quilt patterns
- Merry Moose Quilt Shoppe - quilt kits, precuts, clothes ideas
- Piece By Piece - Quilted clothing - shirts, jackets, vests, vintage quilts and linens
- Royal Bee - Honey based body care products
- Sew Renewable LLC - Resells fabric sourced from estate sales, auctions, donations; variety of fabric
- Sweet On You - Homemade confections - truffles, cake pops, cookie dough pops, tea bombs
- The Country Shoppe - Raggedy Ann's, penny rugs, patterns, pillows, stitcheries
- The Quilting Cushion - Cushions that fit in the small of your back
- Thimbles For You - Sterling silver thimbles and sewing tools
- Thru Our Eyes Photograph - Wild life photography
- Tracy Trevethan Wool Designs - Hand-dyed wool, wool applique patterns and kits
The Inspiration Studio offers classes and demos during the Quilt Show. They also provide information about upcoming learning events, such as the Quilting in the Hills Retreat offered by the Black Hills Quilters Guild in the fall. A list of demos will be added later.
The Black Hills Quilters Guild In Action
This area of the Quilt Show will feature the activities of The Black Hills Quilters Guild. Please stop by to look at the quilts for sale, explore the art of quilt making, and learn about the many ways our guild contributes to the community.
- Project Warmth will offer a variety of quilted items for sale. The proceeds of these sales help purchase batting, fabric, and quilting services for the quilts that are donated to a variety of local charities.
- Open Sew offers people a chance to sit and sew for a few minutes or a few hours. Learn the basics of quilting. Machines, supplies, and helpers are provided by the BHQG.
- Caring Heart Quilts are given to our quilt guild sisters who have experienced a serious health concern or lost a spouse or child. Small Thinking of You (TOY) blocks are sent to our quilt guild sisters when they are sick or have suffered a loss or sometimes just to say Thank You. Examples of both of these types of quilts will be displayed.
- Boots for Troops are Christmas Stockings that are filled with snacks and small gifts and sent to our deployed Troops during the holidays. Examples of these stockings will be displayed.
- Pet Beds are made with scraps of fabric and batting that are leftover from making quilts and are donated to the local Humane Society. This keeps these materials out of landfill and provides a soft place to sleep for the animals at the shelter.
- In Memory Displays honor our quilt guild sisters who have passed away during the previous year. We thank them for their contributions to quilting and to our guild. These will include a display of some of thier quilt creations.
- Quilters Rest is a place to sit and rest for a few minutes or a few hours while waiting for your spouse or friends to finish looking at quilts and shopping. There will be tables and chairs available and you will be surrounded by beautiful quilts.
A Celebration of Quilting
This event will celebrate the completion of our quilt show and the quilters who worked hard to make it a success. While it was formerly held Friday evening during the quilt show, it has been moved to a new date and a new location this year to allow for a more relaxed and fun environment. It will be held on Monday, June 20, at Faith Lutheran Church. The event will start at 5:30 PM with a light meal being served shortly after. The meal will be catered by Lorraine Martinez with an assortment of hors d'oeuvres, cupcakes, and beverages. Following the meal, there will be prize drawings for the UFO contest and for the Early Bird registration. The highlight of the evening will be a trunk show, featuring Mary Ann Clark. The planned menu is listed below; gluten free options are available for nearly all items on the menu.
Tickets are required for admission to this event and may be purchased for $20.00 each using the online form below or from a committee member at the Tuesday Gatherings. If you purchase online, pick up your ticket at the Tuesday Gatherings or at the door the evening of the event. (When purchasing online, you should receive an email confirmation almost immediately.) If budget allows, there may be a door prize drawing from those attending. If you do not want to join us for the meal, you may arrive at 6:30 for the entertainment portion; there is no charge for this.
There will also be a short business meeting following this event including election of officers for the next year.
A Special Thanks to our Sponsors
We are most appreciative of all of our sponsors who donate toward helping us produce a quality quilt show and keep the cost down for the attendees. If you would like to become a sponsor for our next show, please consider donating toward this purpose. If you need additional information Contact Us
2022 Sponsors are listed below (as of 5/17/22).
- The Sewing Center/Fabric City
- Quilt Connection, Etc.
SAVE THE DATE for our future quilt shows
June 8, 9, and 10, 2023
June 6, 7, and 8, 2024
June 5, 6, and 7, 2025
June 4, 5, and 6, 2026